Starting To Snow Again, Northumberland


Starting to Snow Again, Northumberland. 14cm x 52cm Watercolour on Arches paper. Copyright Theresa Evans

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

I'm really enjoying painting these panoramic landscapes. For me, this format seems to convey distance and a sense of 'being there' - especially in such vast open landscapes such as Northumberland (U.K.). 


This is a view over the fields to the Cheviot hills, five minutes walk from my parents home. I painted it in watercolour with a touch of white gouache for the falling snow. 

Comments

Sheila Vaughan said…
You have used the panaramic format well to convey what England feels like especially in these more remote areas: low, heavy skies but the land stretching out endlessly in all directions. I can feel the coldness in this one.
Theresa Evans said…
Thanks Sheila. I really enjoy being in these expansive landscapes. And cold it definitely was! Bitterly.